Gunpowder Wine Trail’s 2021 Wine & Cheese Event
Calling all cheese and wine lovers! Tickets for The GPWT’s 2021 Wine Cheese Event are now on sale!
Gunpowder Wine Trail’s 2021 Wine Cheese Event
Join us along the Gunpowder Wine Trail over the course of the first three weekends of November (6th – 7th, 13th -14th & 20th – 21st) for a unique wine and cheese experience. The four family-owned Maryland wineries blended their locally hand-crafted estate wines with local Maryland dairy to create an artisan wine cheese made from Maryland milk and Maryland wine.
This limited ticketed event requires one ticket per couple and each pair who participates will receive 2 GPWT wine glasses, hand-selected wine samples at each of the four wineries, and a single block of the unique wine cheese at each of the wineries. Participants will also receive 15% off their purchase of 3 or more bottles of wine at each of the wineries along the Gunpowder Wine Trail to help build their case of wine before the holiday season starts.
This self-guided tour runs between I-83 east to I-95 and includes Royal Rabbit Vineyard, Harford Vineyard & Winery, Fiore Winery & Distillery, & Mount Felix Vineyard & Winery. You are welcome to visit any winery in any order you wish on any of the participating days. The event tickets are valid during 3 weekends so you do not have to rush your journey traveling across the scenic Gunpowder Wine Trail. Along the trail, there are local parks, shops, farm stands, restaurants, and even a natural waterfall to visit so you can make a relaxing weekend or day trip into a uniquely local experience.
This is a limited ticketed event so be sure to purchase your tickets early before they sell out! Limited quantities of the artisan Maryland wine cheese were produced for each winery and are sure to sell out fast.
The event tickets are only valid during the first three weekends in November:
- 11/6 – 11/7 (12:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- 11/13 – 11/14 (12:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- 11/20 – 11/21 (12:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
Tickets $69 per pair (a $98.00 Value) includes:
- 2 Gunpowder Wine Trail wine glasses
- Winemaker selected wine tasting
- 4 blocks of unique Maryland-produced artisan wine cheese – 1 block of cheese from each winery.
- 15% off purchase of 3 or more bottles of wine
Participating Gunpowder Wine Trail Wineries:
- Fiore Winery: 3026 Whiteford Rd Pylesville, MD 21132
- Harford Vineyard: 1311 W. Jarrettsville Rd Forest Hill, MD 21050
- Mount Felix Winery: 2000 Level Rd Havre De Grace, MD 21078
- Royal Rabbit Winery: 1090 Jordan Sawmill Rd, Parkton, MD 21120
Cheddar Wine Cheeses made with:
- Fiore Winery – Merlot
- Harford Vineyard – Ruby Reserve Port
- Mount Felix – Cranberry / Chambourcin Blend
- Royal Rabbit Winery – Petit Verdot
The Gunpowder Wine Trail runs from Northern Baltimore County through the countryside of Harford County and the city of Havre de Grace, at the mouth of the Susquehanna. Along the trail, you’ll find unique local points of interests like Kilgore Falls and Rocks State Park. Restaurants abound with a range of choices and visitors often extend their stay at one of the many bed & breakfasts, inns or hotels along the way.
Please visit the following links to individual businesses’ websites for current hours of operation to best plan your wine trail experience.
The Wine Lovers Tasting Experience Ticket
A 50% Savings including:
• A tasting for 2 at each of the 4 member wineries
• Get a special Gunpowder Wine Trail Glass for each person
• Sample 5 wines at each winery
• 10% off 3 or more bottles at each winery
The Ultimate Tasting Experience Tickets are valid during the entire month of March during normal business hours and cost $40 for two people or upgrade to our VIP Experience for $55 for two people.
The VIP Tasting Experience Ticket
A 50% Savings including:
• A tasting for 2 at each of the 4 member wineries.
• Receive 2 Gunpowder Wine Trail Amplifier Vintner’s Crystal Tasting Glasses from Ravenscroft Crystal. This glass is specifically designed to enhance your wine tasting experience and amplify the flavor and aroma of wine.
• Tasting includes 6 wines
• 15% off 2 or more bottles at each winery
In addition to the Ultimate Tasting Experience, anyone can enter our Photo Raffle to win a prize by posting pictures on any social media platform using the #GPWT22 when visiting one of the member wineries above. The chosen winner will receive a Gift Basket with items from all the participating members of the Gunpowder Wine Trail at the end of the month. You must be 21 and over to enter and the winner will be notified by email.
This Tasting Experience is valid for the entire month of March.
Visit all 4 wineries in 1 weekend or take your time and visit one per weekend at your own leisure, the choice is yours.
Please Note: All attendees must be at least 21 years old with a valid ID.
Please remember to always drink responsibly!